Tuesday 17 June 2008

There is no excuse



Brian Philcox was clearly ill when he killed his children.

I have previously had sympathy for Fathers for Justice campaigners but Matt O'Connor's comments on this suicide and double murder have not helped to keep my support.

I understand the devastation that some fathers feel when there is a family breakdown and there is a risk that they will lose regular contact with their children.

What I can never understand is the selfishness of a person who when faced with an unpalatable future of a life without their children thinks that killing themselves and the children is a reasonable solution.

It is an act of revenge, not love. It is the desire to hurt the remaining parent that causes this behaviour not any kind of love for the children.

It sickens me that, in trying to hurt his ex-partner, he ended the lives of little Amy and Owen.

No comments: