Tuesday 22 January 2008

Don't cry

On the way back from yoga I decided I needed to nip into Sainsbury. I needed milk and coffee. Ethan has chickenpox so I'll be a prisoner in my own house for about a week.

So I grab a couple of large milk plastic carton thingies and some coffee beans.

The milk was cold and heavy and I had my hands full because I hadn't picked up a basket. I needed to get to a checkout quickly.

Just before I reached my destination I bumped into someone I haven't seen for ages.

So we both launched into "Hi! Haven't seen you for ages...how are you...what are you doing these days?" etc...

And then it happened. My grip loosened and I dropped some milk. Four pints went smashing floorward. The container split and spewed milk. The carton bounced and milk flew all over me. I was a whitewash or awash with white.

So we continued chatting while staff buzzed around us. We walked back to the milk counter and back to the checkouts and said our goodbyes.

At the checkout the assistant asked "Are you on your way home?"

I replied "No. I'm on my way to a hot date. How do I look?"

But at least I didn't cry.

No comments: