Friday 4 January 2008

In my world



I heard a bit of a conversation today....and then it continued in my head. I'll let you judge where my imagination takes over.

A: I put on 10.5lbs over Christmas

B: Really? You must have tried quite hard to achieve that

A: Well if I'm going to do something, I'll do it well

B: So when did you weigh yourself?

A: Yesterday at Weight Watchers but I was wearing jeans

B: Well that'll make a difference

A: And a heavy belt

B: Well there's five pounds right there

A: Well not quite five pounds. Maybe a pound.

B: Were you wearing a bra?

A: Of course

B: Was it underwired?

A: Yes, I always wear underwired

B: Well underwired - that's metal and metal's heavy.

A: And then there's the ski gear I was wearing too

B: What the salopettes and the jacket and the hat and gloves?

A: And let's not forget the thick socks and really solid ski boots

B: But not skis?

A: No, they wouldn't fit on the scales

B: Well I think we're close to explaining the 10.5lbs don't you?

A: Did I mention the chainmail?

B: No, you didn't but that really is heavy. So you were wearing full body chainmail?

A: Yes, plus armour

B: Well you should have said. I think you lost weight over Christmas. Cow!

No comments: