Sunday 13 January 2008

Freak show

I went on a hen night tonight, and yes I'm home early.

Well I'm old and the noise was causing my ears some serious damage and I honestly thought my head might explode. But anyway....

I dithered about what to wear tonight. We went to the Sugar Hut which is a haunt of the occasional Z list celeb, and we did spy Jodie Marsh which reinforces this fact.

I went for a very safe bet; something anonymous and non showy. I knew I'd feel out of my comfort zone and figured that being able to hide away would be a good thing.

I could, I discovered, have worn anything to have fitted in. The place was full of freaks, as well as Jodie Marsh. There were a small number of people there that looked normal but most of the teenage majority looked weird.

One woman was wearing a Victorian style short nightdress, another was wearing a tiger, a wig (or crap extensions) and fake (or ridiculous) whitened teeth. I would describe more but it defied description.

It was a classic meat market with some interesting tactics. There were the three women who engaged in a three way snog as a means to attract men. There was the "wear as little as possible" brigade but I didn't see too much bling, which is what my taxi driver had expected me to see.

I'd always wondered what lay upstairs in the Sugar Hut and now I know. I won't be back in a hurry, I'm too old and normal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I should cross-dress to come for hen nights, I suppose....

Ann Cardus said...

Er, I don't know what to say - and that's a first.