Wednesday 2 January 2008

How to feel old

We (Dave, Hannah and myself) visited the Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green today.

I was expecting a bigger museum and I was also expecting more toys. Dave kept saying "I used to have one of those", "Sarah had one of those" or "Our neighbours had one of those". I found myself far less vocal. I don't know whether that just meant I had a deprived childhood compared with Dave or whether I just have a really bad memory.

The good news is that this didn't make me feel terribly old but it did make Dave feel ancient, and a bit weird. I think I understand that. It is strange to see things that were part of your everyday, in a museum.

I didn't feel that it made me feel old though because even recent toys were on display such as the Xbox 360 or the Roboraptor. And some of the toys were amazing.

No comments: