Tuesday 29 January 2008

Fun Trunki

We've booked a short break. When I say "we've booked", I mean "I've booked, we're taking."

Anyone who has ever tried to travel with children will know it's a challenge. Ideally they need to have enough "stuff" to keep themselves amused in case the plane gets delayed, the car gets stuck in traffic or mummy gets stuck in immigration.

Previously we've given the children backpacks to contain their stuff. This is not a great solution. Children's backpacks are small and they lack any ergonomic design. I've found that after about ten minutes it's the grown ups that are carrying the Scooby Doo/Thomas the Tank Engine/Winnie the Pooh/Groovy Chick backpack.

I needed a solution that gave the children their own luggage space for which they could have responsibility. I needed something that made luggage fun. Cue the Trunki.

I ordered one pink and one blue, along predictable gender lines, and they arrived today.

I am the sort of person that has to open mail and parcels as soon as they arrive. I don't do restraint or patience, so I opened the boxes and let the children loose on their new fun luggage. If their immediate reaction is anything to go by (racing around the house like a couple of nutters) then I think the problem of the children's holiday luggage is solved.

2 comments:

Rana said...

Wasn't this idea dissed on Dragon's Den? Or maybe it got an investment on that programme?

v!sh said...

Check out:

http://www.dontforgetyourtoothbrush.com/