Thursday 14 June 2007

Big boy pants

Wednesday was a big day for Ethan. He was dressed in big boy pants instead of a nappy for the first time.

Gemma (key worker) advised me that he'd done really well using potty and toilet and he'd only had one accident. I picked him up, told him how clever he was and asked whether he needed the toilet before we left Nursery - he did.


When we got home I made sure that every five minutes I asked him whether he needed toilet or potty. I asked five times and each time the answer was no.

Before I asked the sixth time I knew the question was irrelevant. Because Ethan told me he'd done a poo. In his pants.

He's been in nappies every day since.

I can't do three strikes and you're out. When it comes to dealing with poo - one strike and you're out.

Those who have dealt with the full poo in pants scenario will understand. Those who haven't, won't understand why it's worse than poo in nappy.

No comments: